A perfect Fall soup, this carrot ginger soup recipe is made with carrots, ginger and Carnation® Evaporated Milk.
Can you believe the gorgeous colour of this soup! Full of carrots, ginger and a bit of onion and garlic. It’s also made creamy with Carnation® Evaporated Milk. Surprised? Yes, I’ve learned that Carnation Evaporated Milk is perfect for adding to all your Fall and winter soups!
Carnation Evaporated Milk has been helping Canadians bake delicious recipes for years. If you’re like me, you probably think of it for desserts, but it’s also perfect for cooking everyday dinner dishes. Carnation Evaporated Milk has less water than milk, so it adds a rich and creamy texture to many dishes – anywhere you would use milk or cream – without watering down the flavours.
Carnation Evaporated Milk is also easy to use and it’s always ready-to-use and available in your pantry cupboard. Carnation Evaporated Milk is available in Regular, 2% or Fat Free Evaporated Milk, so you have a wide range of choices to bring for the same rich and creamy flavour to your dishes.
We loved this soup and I was impressed at the creaminess that the Carnation Evaporated Milk brought to it. I can’t believe I never thought of using it before! I hope I’ve inspired you to try Carnation Evaporated Milk in your creamy soups during this soup season, too.
If you need more inspiration, you can visit the Carnation Evaporated Milk website to find dozens of soup recipes, as well as everyday dinner ideas, many with step by step recipe videos, such as the one below …
This Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup recipe from Carnation Milk was a big hit it my house. It’s full of flavour, easy to make and the combination of carrots and ginger is perfect.
Disclosure: Although this post has been generously sponsored by Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. and they sent me free product samples, the opinions and language are all my own, and in no way do they reflect Smucker Foods of Canada Corp.
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) Crisco® Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) peeled, sliced carrots (about 1 1/2 lb/750g)
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp. (5ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1ml) pepper
- 3/4 cup (175ml) Carnation® Regular, 2% or Fat Free Evaporated Milk
- Heat oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Saute until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add carrots. Stir to combine well. Add chicken stock. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree soup using a hand held immersion blender, blender or food processor. Return to saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Make extra soup and freeze to have on hand. Soup may thicken so just add a bit of stock or water to thin out to desired consistency.
- I used chicken stock for my soup. I would recommend either chicken or vegetable stock for the riches flavour.