If you are a fan of Summer Rolls, you will love this salad version! The salad features a generous layer of vermicelli rice noodles drizzled with lime juice on the bottom, and on top, a mixture of red cabbage, carrots, lettuce, cucumber and bean sprouts, tossed with chopped basil, parsley and cilantro. I placed the shrimp on the side of the bowl, just so you could see the rest of the salad, but normally I would just place them on top.
Disclosure: Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC , the opinions and language are my own.
A delicious Shrimp Summer Roll Salad, with all the flavours of delicious shrimp summer rolls, in salad form. Topped with a delicious Spicy Peanut Sauce.
While this salad is full of fresh goodness, the star of this dish is definitely the Spicy Peanut Sauce, made with Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter. Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter is made with 100% select roasted peanuts and nothing else, which was perfect for this sauce in terms of texture and a great base of pure peanut flavour. Added to the sauce is a variety of savoury and spicy ingredients, making a sauce so delicious I was eating it by the spoonful. It is the crowning glory on this salad.
I love peanut butter in savory dishes and Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter is ideal to use as base for a variety of savoury dishes and sauces. It is also very versatile though, so it’s perfect for use in sweeter items too! It’s not just a spread, it’s an upgrade. I’ll be back soon with a second recipe using Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter, along with details of a great contest and a chance to win a wonderful grand prize.
In the meantime, I encourage you to “Make together. Stick together” – by using Kraft Peanut Butter in recipes you make with everyone you love.
Visit www.sticktogether.ca for some delicious and easy recipes made better with Kraft Peanut Butter and for inspiration!
- For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Kraft™ All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (plus more for drizzling on rice noodles)
- 3 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- Garnish: Red pepper flakes and chopped peanuts
- For the Salad:
- 1 bundle (nest) thin, dried vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (for drizzling on rice noodles)
- Green leaf lettuce
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in to 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 an English cucumber, unpeeled and cut in to 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/4 of a small red cabbage, thinly sliced in to 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 1 green onion, green part only, sliced
- Roughly chopped fresh herbs (parsley, basil and/or cilantro)
- 6-8 cooked large shrimp, cooled or at room temperature
- Additional chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- To make the peanut sauce: Combine all ingredients except the garnish items in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Cover and refrigerate if not using immediately. To serve, garnish with red pepper flakes and chopped peanuts.
- To assemble salad: Place vermicelli noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes, then drain. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of lime juice and toss to combine. Place in bottom of serving bowls. Place some leaf lettuce on one side of the bowl. Place some bean sprouts on the opposite side, leaving some space in the middle.
- In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, green onion and chopped herbs and toss to combine. Spoon some of the vegetable mixture in to the middle of each serving bowl. Top with shrimp, then a dollop of peanut sauce. Garnish with additional chopped peanuts and serve with a lime wedge. Pass additional peanut sauce for adding to salad.
While you can prepare all the ingredients ahead, don’t combine them in to the salad until right before you’re ready to eat.
I placed the shrimp on the side of the bowl for photography purposes (so you could see the rest of the ingredients). Normally, I would just serve them on top of the salad.
Are you on the List?
Join my mailing list to get instant email notification of new posts, newsletters, exclusive subscriber giveaways and more! And I will never share your email address. Promise! Simply fill in your email address below to get started …