Round-up of some delicious Spring asparagus recipes ideas.
I love asparagus season. Not only because I love asparagus, but because it signals that Spring has finally arrived. I have enjoyed asparagus many ways, but I figure there’s always room for more asparagus recipe ideas. Here’s some that caught my eye recently (photos below as well) …
1. Asparagus Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Roasted asparagus, grainy mustard and Oka cheese grilled to perfection.
2. Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks
A great side dish. The asparagus is coated in panko and parmesan and baked to until golden and crispy.
3. Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto, Fried Bread, Poached Egg, and Aged Balsamic Vinegar
A Thomas Keller recipe that is not only a beautiful plate, but a great way to enjoy asparagus. Perfect for brunch or a light dinner.
4. White Cheddar, Asparagus and Ham Frittata
Cheddar, asparagus and ham are always a great family-friendly option and this frittata can be on the table in 15 minutes. Serve with a salad for a quick and easy dinner.
5. Asparagus Tart with Gruyere
Uses store-bought puff pastry, brushed with Dijon mustard then topped with Gruyere cheese and asparagus. A great Easter brunch recipe idea.
6. Asparagus and Lemon Risotto with Arugula
A risotto full of great flavours, includes some useful tips on how to make a great risotto.
7. Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta – I discovered how lovely lemon and pasta go together a few years ago. In Spring, the addition of some asparagus is a natural. This recipe includes mascarpone cheese and some sun-dried tomatoes, as well.
8. Caramelized Leek Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart
Be still my heart. This is a gorgeous tart with a wonderful flavour combination. Uses store-bought puff pastry. Would be a great Easter brunch table dish.
9. Cream of Asparagus Soup
A classic from the pages of Gourmet, this soup has just 6 ingredients.