Lovely moist Orange Marmalade and Dried Cranberry Yeast Bread, flavoured with orange marmalade and studded with dried cranberries. Lovely toasted or plain with butter.
If you are an orange marmalade fan, you will love this yeast bread! While it’s subtly flavoured, it’s definitely orange and the flavour complements the dried cranberries beautifully.
I love this bread both plain or toasted with butter. And of course, a topping of more marmalade is always a good idea.
Cook’s Notes for Orange Marmalade and Dried Cranberry Yeast Bread
As noted in the instructions, this bread needs a little longer in the oven, as it is a large loaf, so watch for over-browning. Cover loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil if needed for the last part of baking.
Orange Marmalade and Dried Cranberry Yeast Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted and cooled butter
- 2 Tbsp honey or white or brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water warm
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a kneading hook, add 2 cups of the flour, the instant yeast and salt. Stir to combine. Add the vegetable oil, honey, warm water (about 115 F.), orange zest and orange marmalade. Mix to combine. Begin adding the flour in 1/4 cup increments, until dough comes together. Add the dried cranberries, along with a tablespoon or two of flour and mix until cranberries are incorporated. Remove dough to a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Remove dough to a floured surface. Roll in to a 9-inch by 16 inch rectangle. Starting with the 9-inch edge, roll up jelly-roll style and pinch seam to seal. Place in to greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, checking after 25 minutes and covering loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning, if necessary. Remove from oven and immediately remove from baking pan to a cooling rack to cook completely.