These S'mores Pudding Jars are a fun Summer dessert, with chocolate pudding topped with graham cracker crumbs and toasted marshmallows!
Summer is almost over and I have yet to enjoy anything S'mores :) So I thought it might be fun to make up something S'more-ish that would be tasty for our end-of-Summer bonfire night.
These S'mores Chocolate Pudding Jars are the type of dessert that you can make by either just assembling pre-made products or go all in and make the pudding and marshmallows yourself. Your call. Any way, they're an easy, fun and delicious S'mores treat.
For my treats, I made the marshmallows and the chocolate pudding from scratch. If you go that route, you'll have lots of marshmallows left-over, which are perfect for just roasting over the fire or use left-overs to make the most awesome Rice Krispie squares!
I have used mason jars here, but similar sized ramekins would work just as well. Anything that is oven/heat proof.
I made my own marshmallows for these. If you'd like an easy homemade marshmallow recipe, try my recipe for Toasted Coconut Marshmallows. Just skip the coconut and dust with icing sugar only.
For the chocolate pudding, you can make your own from scratch or a mix or simply spoon pre-made chocolate pudding in to the jars. The recipe I used below is a super simple, egg-free chocolate pudding that cooks up in minutes.
S'mores Chocolate Pudding Jars
Easy Chocolate Pudding:
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 full sheets graham crackers
- 12 large marshmallows
- For chocolate pudding: Melt chocolate in microwave until just smooth. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch, cocoa, sugar and salt. Whisk in the milk until combined. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. When the pudding has thickened (about 2 minutes), remove from heat. Whisk in melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Pour in to 4 jars or ramekins. Allow to cool a few minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least a couple of hours. Pudding will thicken further as it chills.
- To prepare jars: Remove jars from refrigerator and discard plastic wrap. Crumble 2 full sheets of graham crackers in to large crumbs. Divide evenly over top of 4 puddings. Top each with 3 large marshmallows. Brown marshmallows with kitchen torch or under the broiler (*see Notes). Garnish with a 1/4 piece of graham cracker.
Nutritional information provided for general guidance only and should not be relied upon to make personal health decisions.