This Thai Inspired Panko Sole and Salad proves that a flavourful and fresh meal is always easily at hand!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Janes. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that support Seasons and Suppers.
I always have frozen, ready-to-cook fish in my freezer, because it means I always have a great meal at hand. And frozen fish like this Panko Breaded Fillet of Sole from Janes is a great base for so many meals! The lovely sole fillets have a crispy, panko breading with just a hint of lemon. Perfect on their own or easily dressed up. I also love that Janes fish is MSC certified and is free of trans fat, low in saturated fat and contains no preservatives.
Be sure to check out the Janes Facebook Page for tons of great ideas for quick and easy meals.
Canadians! Want a chance to win one of five coupons for a free Janes product? Hop on over to my Facebook page and leave a comment on the post for this recipe. Five winners will be chosen at random!
For this dish, I paired the Panko Breaded Sole Fillets with a Thai inspired vinaigrette, that works as both a sauce for the fish and a dressing for the salad. The sauce starts with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce that is dressed up with soy sauce, fish sauce and garlic. You'll love the pairing of this flavourful sauce with the crispy, panko sole and the fresh salad.
For the salad, I combined watercress with spiralized carrots (so easy!), a few spiralized beets (or try red cabbage instead), bean sprouts and cilantro.
The result is a fabulous meal that takes only minutes to come together. Easy enough for weeknights, but also special enough for easy entertaining.
Cook's Notes for Thai Inspired Panko Sole and Salad
As noted above, you can certainly customize your salad based on what you have on hand. Just look for a great combination of texture, colour and flavours.
Spiralizing things like carrots and beets (or zucchini etc) is a great way to make an easy and pretty salad. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can simply cut into matchsticks.
Bean sprouts are a great addition to this salad, to complement the Asian flavours.
Enjoy this Thai Vinaigrette at room temperature or give it a touch of warmth in a saucepan or in the microwave.
Thai Inspired Panko Sole and Salad
- 4 Janes Panko Breaded Sole fillets
- 1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp neutral cooking oil (peanut, sunflower, vegetable etc)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- 1/4 tsp fresh minced ginger (or 1/2 tsp ginger paste)
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh lemongrass (optional)
- 4 cups Watercress (or Spring Mix)
- 1 1/2 cups Spiralized or matchstick carrots
- 1 cup Spiralized or matchstick red beets (or thinly sliced red cabbage)
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup Roughly chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Lime wedges (for drizzling)
- Cook fish in the oven according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking to combine well. Set aside.
- Prepare salad by combining all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and tossing to combine.
- To serve. Place salad mixture on serving plate. Top with warm, cooked fish fillets. Spoon vinaigrette overtop of fish and drizzle over salad. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges for drizzling.