This lovely watercress salad is quick, easy, healthy and delicious. Makes a great lunch salad or enjoy as a side with dinner.
This Watercress and Egg Salad is a favourite light, fresh and easy choice. I love watercress. Not only is it a flavourful green, it's also a super green, chock full of goodness. Paired with hard boiled eggs, radishes and a simple yogurt dressing, this one comes together quickly and offers up both delicious and nutritious.
If you can't find watercress, baby greens (spinach, arugula, spring mix etc) are a great substitute.
If you are not a radish lover, feel free to substitute something else from your fridge. Chopped celery or cucumber? Avocado or left-over asparagus would all be great.
I try to keep hard-boiled eggs ready to use in the fridge whenever I can. I cook them up on the weekend so they are in the fridge all week. They are perfect for this salad, a quick breakfast or even an impromptu egg salad sandwich. Scroll down for more information on hard boiled eggs and how to cook the perfect hard boiled eggs!
Watercress, Egg and Radish Salad with Yogurt Dressing
For the yogurt dressing:
- 1/4 cup Greek style, whole milk plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch mustard powder, optional, omit if you like
- 1-2 tsp water, to thin if necessary
- 2 cups fresh watercress
- 1 Hard boiled egg, cooled, peeled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, diced (or finely diced green onion)
- 1 Radish, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Do ahead: Prepare hard boiled eggs by adding eggs to barely simmering water. Simmer for 10 minutes, then remove to an ice water bath to quickly cool. Refrigerate hard boiled eggs until needed.
- Prepare the yogurt dressing by whisking together all the ingredients. Set aside.
- To prepare the salad, place fresh watercress on plate. Top with hard boiled eggs, chives and radish. Drizzle dressing over-top. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
Nutritional information provided for general guidance only and should not be relied upon to make personal health decisions.