10-Minute Spicy Peanut Udon Noodles
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 people
Warm, spicy and delicious and ready in just 10 minutes! For those times when only carbs will do.
- 2 pkgs soft vacuum-packed udon noodles (each package should be about 200g/7 oz.
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. hot water
For the Stir Fry:
- 1-2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 small long red chilli pepper, finely sliced
- 1 green onion, green part only, sliced diagonally
- (Optional) 1-2 Tbsp. finely chopped peanuts, if you used smooth peanut butter)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients and stir until smooth. Set aside.
In a hot wok, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, most of the red chilli and green onion slices (reserve a bit of both, for garnish). Cook, stirring, until fragrant and just beginning to soften, 30-45 seconds. Add sauce and cook until warmed. Add udon noodles. Stir to combine. Cook, adding additional 1-2 Tbsp. hot water as needed, to loosen the sauce so it coats the noodles well.
Spoon noodles in to bowl. Garnish with reserved green onion and red chilli slices, additional chopped peanuts and/or sesame seeds.