Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
An easy and delicious crab quiche, with lots of herbs and Gruyere cheese.
Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 9-inch frozen deep dish pie shell thawed
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream 10% b.f.
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives plus whole chives for topping
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat canned or thawed if frozen and picked over
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, herbs, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in cheese and crabmeat.
Pour filling into pie crust (you may have a tiny bit that won't fit). Use a fork to gently distribute the crab and herbs evenly in the pan. Lay several whole chives across the top. Bake until filling puffs and is no longer wobbly in center when quiche is gently shaken, about 40-45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 199mg | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 251mg | Iron: 1.4mg