My Best Creamy Caesar Dressing
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
PLEASE 8NOTE: This salad dressing contains a raw, uncooked egg. Pregnant women and/or anyone with a compromised immune system should be made aware before consuming and may wish to avoid.
Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp anchovy paste Optional (I don't use myself)
- 1 cup vegetable, canola or other neutral oil canola or other neutral oil
- Juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup. freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
Place the minced garlic into a food processor or blender. Add the salt, vinegar, egg and Dijon mustard and process lightly until the ingredients are mixed. With the processor running, very slowly add the oil (a drop at a time at first!), then increasing to a trickle, until all the oil is added and completely mixed in. Add the lemon juice, pepper and Parmesan cheese and mix in.
Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Calories: 65kcal | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 15mg | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 0.2mg