Swedish Goey Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 10 servings
Quick, easy and goey delicious. Enjoy warm from the oven, at room temperature or chilled.
Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled (plus more for greasing pan)
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 tbsp cocoa powder (plus more for dusting pan)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (a bit less if using fine salt)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cake flour sifted (*see note below)
- Icing sugar for dusting
* You can substitute all-purpose flour. It will affect the texture of the cake just slightly. You can also make your own cake flour by replacing 2 Tbsp. from 1 cup of all-purpose flour with cornstarch. Sift together and use in recipe.
Heat the oven to 400° F.
Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Brush parchment and sides with butter and dust with a bit of cocoa, discarding any excess.
In a medium bowl, whisk the 10 tablespoons of melted butter with the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt until well mixed. Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until smooth. Fold the flour in to the batter until just until it is combined, then scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
Bake until the cake forms a thin skin on top but the batter is still loose in the centre, about 10 minutes. Let stand a few minutes, then run a knife around the outside and loosen and remove ring. Slice and enjoy. Left-overs can be refrigerated.