This 4 ingredient, this no-churn lemon ice cream is sure to hit the spot! It’s bright with citrus flavour, refreshing and creamy!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve reached that point in the winter where I long for a little taste of summer. This Meyer lemon ice cream is like a bowl of sunshine – bright with citrus flavour, creamy and refreshing. And best of all, it’s no-churn!
Even though I have an ice cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid, I don’t use it enough in the winter months to justify the space it takes up in my freezer. That makes no-churn ice cream the perfect thing for this time of year and with Meyer lemons in season now, it’s pretty much just what the doctor ordered!
Ingredient Notes for No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
Half and Half Cream: This is 10% butterfat cream. I suggest this (vs. milk) for a nice and creamy ice cream.
Whipping Cream: This is 35% butterfat cream, the same cream you would use for whipped cream. Again, use this to have a nice and creamy ice cream. If you’d like to cut the fat a bit, you could use 2 cups of half and half cream and omit the whipping cream. Obviously this will be not only less creamy, but also a bit harder ice cream, with less cream.
White Sugar: Lemons are tart, so I wouldn’t suggest cutting back the sugar amount here.
Lemon Juice: You’ll want to use freshly squeezed lemon juice here, for the best flavour. You can use regular or Meyer lemons.
Cook’s Notes for No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
Be sure to zest your lemons before cutting and squeezing for the fresh juice! It’s really hard to zest half a squeezed lemon (And yes, I totally did that. I have a cold. I’m blaming it on that ;)
More No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes You Might Like …
No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
- 1 cup 10% half and half cream
- 1 cup 35% whipping/heavy cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed, from about 4 small lemons
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the 10% and 35% cream. Beat at medium-high speed until cream starts to thicken a bit, 4-5 minutes. Add sugar and beat until incorporated. Add lemon juice and zest and mix until combined.
- Pour into an 8-inch square cake pan or a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil (to hold the plastic tight) and freeze until firm, about 24 hours.