The perfect Summer dessert pop, these Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt Popsicles combine fresh strawberry puree with yogurt, a touch of cream and shortcake cookie pieces!
It's finally strawberry season here in Central Ontario, so I'm all about strawberry everything. These strawberry yogurt popsicles are the perfect after-dinner, warm weather popsicle. It's a refreshing dessert on a stick!
For these ones, fresh strawberry puree combines with yogurt, a bit of sweetened condensed milk and a touch of cream. For the "shortcake" part, crushed shortcake cookies are folded into the mix, as well as sprinkled on the bottoms.
While this is a creamy pop, it's not overly rich. The taste of the fresh strawberries is front and centre, with just enough creaminess and cookies to make it a lovely treat.
Cook's Notes for Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt Popsicles
For the cookies, just browse the cookie aisle at the grocery store. You will probably find cookies called "Shortcake" cookies. I found both a name brand (PF :) and a store-brand of shortcake cookies on the shelves here.
While it's easiest to blend all this up in a blender or food processor, you don't really need either. Just a fork to mash the berries and then a bowl and a whisk will work.
Be sure to leave room at the top as you are filling for the cookie crumb layer.
No Popsicle Mold?
Needing a great popsicle mold? This is the one I use and I love it!
[amazon_link asins='B004GJQVSQ' template='ProductAd' store='etc0fb-20' marketplace='US' link_id='0f1e5307-7f1b-11e8-9907-0f3f18303993']
More Strawberry Recipes You Might Like ...
Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt Popsicles
- 1 cup strawberry puree (from about 8-10 strawberries)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (or plain + 1 tsp vanilla)
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 7 Tbsp whipping cream (whisked to soft peaks)
- 6 shortcake cookies (crushed (about 3/4 cup))
- In a blender or food processor, blend hulled strawberries to a rough puree (doesn't need to be completely smooth). Remove from blender and measure out 1 cup. Return the 1 cup of puree to the food processor. Add the yogurt and sweetened condensed milk and blend until combined. Remove to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the whipping cream until it thickens to soft peaks. Fold into strawberry mixture. Add 1/2 cup of the crushed cookies to the mixture and fold in to combine.
- Fill 10 popsicle molds with mixture, leaving about 3/4 inch of headroom. Sprinkle remaining crushed cookies on top. Add sticks and freeze until solid. (You may have a bit of mixture left. Pour into a cup and freeze, if you like)