Easy puff pastries, filled with warm Spreadable Brie and topped with a variety of jams, jellies or spreads. Perfect for entertaining year round.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Président Cheese. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that support Seasons and Suppers.
The holiday season can be a busy time, so I am always looking for ways to make entertaining both delicious and easy. Président Spreadable Brie is a great specialty cheese choice, as it can go directly on any cheese board as a spread or a dip or use it in any number of creative ways for holiday baking.
Président Spreadable Brie is made from real Brie, without the rind. It’s beautifully spreadable and extra creamy and perfect for entertaining during the holidays or year round. The convenient tub can go straight onto your cheese tray – it’s so easy! Use it as a spread on crackers, baguette or bagels, as a dip or as a delicious addition to holiday baking.
Président specialty cheeses perfectly complement life’s occasions. Discover how well their 80 years of
European expertise pairs with your creativity!
You can learn more about Président Spreadable Brie and all the premium, quality Président Cheese products.
How to Make These Easy Brie and Jam Puff Pastries
Store-bought puff pastry is a huge time-saver when it comes to easy holiday entertaining. Beyond the ease of store-bought puff pastry, Président Spreadable Brie is easy to use and bakes up beautifully creamy and full of flavour. Once baked, top your warm Brie filled pastries with any variety of jam or spread you already have on hand.
Here are some great topping ideas …
Fig Jam or Spread
Hot Pepper Jelly
Sweet Red Pepper Jelly
Apricot Jalapeno Jelly
Thin slice of apple or pear with a walnut and a drizzle of honey
Garnish with a few thyme leaves or a small sprig of fresh thyme
Any topping that works with a round of Brie can be used as a dollop on top of these puff pastry appetizers.
How to Shape These Easy Brie and Jam Puff Pastries
Storage, Refrigeration, Freezing and Reheating Tips
You can shape and then refrigerate the pastries ahead, then cover and refrigerate. You can also freeze then uncooked and un-topped with jam. Simply place the pastries on top of the baking sheet into the freezer. Once firm, transfer to a freezer bag or container.
To cook from chilled or from frozen, place on a baking sheet and bake as directed or slightly longer for frozen pastries. Top with jam once baked, to serve.
Easy Brie and Jam Puff Pastries
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed, about 12" square
- 1/4 cup Président Spreadable Brie
- 1 large large egg mixed with 1 tsp water
- Assorted Jams Spreads or Jellies, for topping
- Thyme leaves or sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place thawed puff pastry sheet on a large, lightly floured cutting board. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the sheet into as many 3-inch by 3-inch squares as you can get from the sheet.
- Take one 3x3-inch square. Place in front of you with one of the points at the bottom. Fold the bottom half of the diamond shape up over the top half to make a triangle. Using a sharp knife, but two slits as shown, making sure they don't meet. Unfold the pastry place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 3-inch squares.
- Place a rounded teaspoon of Président Spreadable Brie in the centre of each of the squares. Once filled, take one of the flaps and fold it overtop of the Brie and press down on the other side, as shown. Repeat with the other flap, as shown. Repeat with the remaining pastries.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Brush the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Remove to a cooling rack to cool slightly, before serving (filling will be hot!). Serve topped with small spoonfuls of jams, jellies or spreads (see Notes below for topping ideas).