These delicious Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps start with always moist boneless and skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with roasted red pepper, green onion and garlic and of course, hot sauce!
Why I love these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps
When it comes to easy meals, it’s hard to beat these Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps. They’re a great option for lighter, but still satisfying meal.
These lettuce wraps make great food for football watching or casual entertaining.
These buffalo chicken start with always moist boneless and skinless chicken thighs that are cooked up with a medley of green onion, garlic and roasted red pepper.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Chicken Thighs –
Buffalo Sauce – I love Frank’s™ Buffalo Sauce, but you can use any bottled Buffalo style sauce or a simple hot pepper sauce (such as regular Frank’s™)
Roasted Red Pepper – I love the ease of jarred roasted red peppers, but you can roast off your own red peppers, if you like.
I like to add some match-sticked carrots and cucumber to these, for extra flavour and goodness. On top, a bit of blue cheese or ranch dressing is nice, or if you’re a blue cheese fan, some blue cheese crumbles would be a nice topping.
Get the Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4-5 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced(white and green part)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce or hot pepper sauce, (I like Frank's™)
- Boston leaf lettuce
- 1 carrot, peeled and matchsticked
- English cucumber, unpeeled and matchsticked
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing, and/or blue cheese crumbles
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the green onions and garlic to the pan. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the roasted red pepper. Place the chicken back into the pan and add the hot sauce or buffalo sauce. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the chicken in the sauce until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Place the shredded chicken back into the sauce.
- To serve, place some matchsticked carrots and cucumber in to a lettuce leaf. Place a scoop of warm buffalo chicken on top of vegetables, then top with blue cheese or ranch dressing or blue cheese crumbles.
More Lettuce Wrap Recipes to Love!
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!