These delicious Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps start with always moist boneless and skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with roasted red pepper, green onion and garlic and of course, hot sauce!
I think these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect for this time of year. Even though we’re moving in to cooler weather, it’s still warm enough to want something a little lighter for dinner and these fit the bill perfectly! They’re also a great option for lighter (but still satisfying) football food.
If you are a fan of buffalo chicken (and who isn’t?), you’ll love these! Starting with boneless and skinless chicken thighs that are cooked up with a medley of green onion, garlic and roasted red pepper, these are both easy and delicious.
I like to add some matchsticked carrots and cucumber to these, for extra flavour and goodness. On top, a bit of blue cheese or ranch dressing is nice, or if you’re a blue cheese fan, some blue cheese crumbles would be a nice topping.
Get the Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4-5 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced(white and green part)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 cup hot pepper sauce or buffalo wing sauce, (I like Frank's™)
- Boston leaf lettuce
- 1 carrot, peeled and matchsticked
- English cucumber, unpeeled and matchsticked
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing, or blue cheese crumbles
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the green onions and garlic to the pan. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the roasted red pepper. Place the chicken back into the pan and add the hot sauce or buffalo sauce. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the chicken in the sauce until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Place the shredded chicken back into the sauce.
- To serve, place some matchsticked carrots and cucumber in to a lettuce leaf. Place a scoop of warm buffalo chicken on top of vegetables, then top with blue cheese or ranch dressing or blue cheese crumbles.