This easy and delicious Carnitas Pizza is loaded with slow-cooked Mexican pulled pork, on top of enchilada sauce and paired with cotija cheese. Garnished with quick pickled onion, cilantro and more cheese.
Earlier this week, I shared the easy recipe for making Slow-Cooked Mexican Carnitas and I promised it was for all kinds of dishes, such as this Carnitas Pizza!
For this pizza, the pizza sauce gives way to enchilada sauce. Add some red onion slices, then pile the carnitas on and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in a hot oven, then garnish with quick pickled onions, cilantro and more cheese.
Cook’s Notes for Carnitas Pizza
The Carnitas recipe and the Quick Pickled Onions are detailed in recipes from earlier this week. They are linked in the recipe card.
You can use store-bought or homemade pizza dough here. Same with the enchilada sauce. Make your own or use store bought.
If you can’t find cotija cheese, you can substitute crumbled feta cheese.
- Homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- Homemade or store-bought enchilada sauce
- 1/4 red onion, cut in to thin slices
- Slow-cooked Mexican carnitas (see Notes)
- Cotija or feta cheese, crumbled (DIVIDED)
- Quick Pickled Red Onions (See Notes)
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 500 F., with a pizza stone, if using.
- Shape pizza dough in to a 12-14 inch circle. Cover with enchilada sauce. Scatter sliced red onion over sauce, then top with carnitas. Sprinkle with some cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle cooked pizza with more cheese, chopped cilantro and garnish with pickled onions.