This one pan Chicken with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes is a delicious meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes! Makes a quick, easy and delicious dinner!
I love the combination of artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes, so I will often make this quick chicken dinner that combines the two with pan-seared chicken, garlic and a quick pan sauce. It’s dinner ready in about 30 minutes!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Chicken – I’m not sure about your grocery stores, but it is impossible to buy skin-on/bone-out chicken breasts. Why is that? I make do by buying skin-on/bone-in and cutting the breast off the bone. It’s quite easy to do, but don’t waste the bone part! I pop it in to a pot of water with some onion, carrots and herbs and simmer it up to make a stock or a great base for soup the next day.
You can use boneless/skinless chicken breasts for this one, if you like. I find they tend to dry out a bit. If you’re worried about the skin, a compromise might be to cook it with the skin, then remove it before eating. You could also keep the bone in, if you like. Just increase the oven-roasting time a bit, as it will take a bit longer to cook through.
Artichokes – I used canned artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. Marinated artichoke hearts and/or dried and soaked sun-dried tomatoes would also work.
Sun Dried Tomatoes – you can use sun dried tomatoes packed in oil or dried sun dried tomatoes that you re-hydrate in hot water.
Be careful not to over-cook your boneless chicken pieces, so they won’t be dry. A nice compromise is to cook with the skin on, then remove it before serving.
Get the Recipe: Chicken with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts,, skin-on/bone or removed
- 6 cloves whole garlic, peeled
- 398ml can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (35%), (or a lighter cream, mixed with 1 tsp. cornstarch)
- 5-6 in sun-dried tomatoes, slivered (packed oil or soaked if dried)
- 1-2 Tbsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-proof skillet, over medium-high heat. Dry, then salt and pepper the chicken. Add chicken to the hot pan, skin side down and cook until golden brown, 6-7 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook 3-4 minutes on the other side. Remove chicken to a plate. Add garlic to pan and cook, stirring, until starting to brown. Remove pan from heat. Return chicken to the pan (skin side uand distribute the artichokes around the chicken. Transfer skillet to pre-heated oven.
- Roast chicken and artichokes for 10 minutes or so, if boneless or 15-20 if bone-in, or until chicken is cooked through (165° when tested with an instant read thermometer). Remove pan from oven, then remove chicken to a plate. Place skillet on stove-top over medium-high heat (mind the hot handle!). Add the white wine and allow to cook off a bit, until the smell of alcohol disappears, about 1 minutes. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, slivered sun-dried tomatoes and a bit of salt and pepper. Allow sauce to cook down until thickened. Return chicken to pan to re-heat. Serve!
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!