The next best thing to soup season, is things-to-eat-with-soup season! These easy cheddar apple biscuits make a perfect side for any bowl of soup, or lovely just eaten out of hand with butter any time.
These easy cheddar and apple biscuits are a favourite, especially in the Fall when apples on top of mind.. They are quick to whip up and full of flavour. They are also super easy, as these are drop biscuits, so no rolling and cutting required!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Apples – you can use any apple you have on hand!
Cheddar Cheese – Be sure to use an extra-sharp cheddar cheese and a firm, flavourful apple for best results.
You can add a little chopped green onion or parsley to these biscuits if you like. It adds nice bit of colour and an extra layer of flavour.
Get the Recipe: Easy Cheddar Apple Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cold, cubed
- 1 cup extra-old Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 Tablespoon green onion, chopped, or parsley (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few larger pieces. Stir in Cheddar, apple and green onions. Using a fork, stir in milk to form a ragged dough.
- Drop by 1/4 cup mounds, 1 1/2 inches apart, onto parchment paper–lined rimless baking sheet. Bake in 425° oven until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes.
More Biscuit Recipes to Love!
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!