These Easy Gingerbread Muffins are generously spiced, perfectly moist and lightly sweet. Great any time, but especially nice and festive around the holidays!
I really hadn't thought I'd be posting today - Christmas Eve - but I baked up these Easy Gingerbread Muffins a few days ago and they were so delicious and so easy. And really, I thought, how useful would a Gingerbread Muffin recipe be after Christmas?
So here it is. As I said ... delicious! They are generously spiced, wonderfully moist, lightly sweet and you don't even need to bust out the mixer for these ones. And because they are made with pretty common pantry items, anyone can probably bake these up in no time with stuff you already have around (because no one wants to go to the grocery store today!). These are especially perfect for someone who has been too busy to do much holiday baking, as they are so easy and festive.
These muffins are at their very best fresh from the oven. They keep well though. I like to re-warm them a bit in the microwave. The scent of the spices is especially nice when they're warm. Enjoy!
Easy Gingerbread Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (300g)
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp light or dark brown sugar, (160g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil, (100ml)
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp molasses , not blackstrap (or use 2 Tbsp. more honey)
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp milk, (100ml)
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350° F Grease or line 12 muffin cups. (I used paper liners, but the muffins didn't stick at all to them, so I suspect you'd have no trouble with just greasing the pans).
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, vanilla extract, oil, honey, molasses and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a rubber spatula just until combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Evenly distribute the batter among all muffin cups (I only got 11 muffins. I filled the empty muffin cup 2/3 full with water before baking to ensure even bakinand bake in the pre-heated oven for about 28-32 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Garnish with a generous dusting of icing sugar.
Nutritional information provided for general guidance only and should not be relied upon to make personal health decisions.