Delicious and easy, this Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Mayo is ready in just about 20 minutes! (With an oven method, too!)
I continue to really love salmon in the Instant Pot, so I thought I’d share another quick and easy Instant Pot salmon recipe for you.
This Teriyaki Salmon has long been one of my oven favourites, so I’ve adapted it for the Instant Pot as well. It’s super quick and easy and makes for a perfect weeknight dinner. And if your home is anything like mine, salmon is in regular rotation, so it’s always great to have a variety of ways to enjoy it.
As I mentioned before, the Instant Pot does wonderful things to salmon, with no need to turn on the oven. Serve this one with some rice and/or a veg for a great meal!
(Speaking of rice, I think I have finally cracked the Instant Pot rice cooking, at least for basmati rice. I’ve settled on 1 cup rice to 1 1/4 cups water, cooked at 5 minutes on high pressure with a 10 minute natural release. For what it’s worth :)
Cook’s Notes for Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Mayo
I find that my salmon is done when the lid comes off the Instant Pot after the short pressure cooking and the 5 minute natural pressure release. If yours isn’t, leave the salmon in the pot with the sauce while you switch to the Saute step and it will finish cooking as the sauce heats. Remove salmon to a plate once cooked and before thickening the sauce.
If you are doing the oven method, note that the ingredient amounts are slightly different, so refer to the Recipe Notes, which will list amounts for those ingredients that are different.
Looking for Instant Pot Salmon Recipes? You might also like my Vietnamese-Inspired Instant Pot Salmon!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Mayo (with oven method)
For the sriracha mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
For the teriyaki salmon:
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/8 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 centre cut salmon fillets
To thicken sauce:
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Sesame Seeds
- Chopped green onion
- Make the Sriracha Mayo by combining the mayo and sriracha in a small bowl. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute with the Normal heat setting. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, honey and water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce Saute heat setting to low and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Place salmon fillets into the Instant Pot with the sauce, skin/flat side up. Place lid on Instant Pot and set the vent to sealing. Select Pressure Cooking on the Instant Pot and switch to LOW PRESSURE with the time set to 1 minute. Allow to pressure cook, then allow for a 5 minute natural pressure release. Release the remaining pressure on the Instant Pot and remove the lid. Check the salmon. It should be cooked through at this point, but if not, allow to cook in the warm sauce for a minute or so to complete cooking.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute with the Normal heat setting. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and stir until completely smooth. Add to the sauce a bit at a time and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens to desired level. Pour sauce over salmon and garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onion and a drizzle of the Sriracha Mayo.
Preheat oven to 400F. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger, garlic, honey and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, stir together 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Lightly grease a baking pan and place your salmon fillets into the pan. Brush with some of the sauce and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, basting with sauce once or twice, until cooked through. Serve with additional sauce and garnished with sesame seeds, green onion and sriracha mayo.