Delicious and easy, this Instant Pot teriyaki salmon is ready in just about 20 minutes! Sith a an easy homemade Sriracha mayo. (With an oven method, too!)
This Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon has long been one of my oven favourites, so I’ve adapted it for the Instant Pot as well. It’s super quick and easy and makes for a perfect weeknight dinner. And if your home is anything like mine, salmon is in regular rotation, so it’s always great to have a variety of ways to enjoy it.
As I mentioned before, the Instant Pot does wonderful things to salmon, with no need to turn on the oven. Serve this one with some rice and/or a veg for a great meal!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Salmon – start with centre cut salmon fillets, with the skin on or off, as you like.
Soy Sauce – I recommend low sodium soy sauce, as regular soy sauce can be too salty.
Honey – if you don’t have honey on hand, maple syrup will also work.
I find that my salmon is done when the lid comes off the Instant Pot after the short pressure cooking and the 5 minute natural pressure release. If yours isn’t, leave the salmon in the pot with the sauce while you switch to the Sauté setting and it will finish cooking as the sauce heats. Remove salmon to a plate once cooked and before thickening the sauce.
If you are doing the oven method, note that the ingredient amounts are slightly different, so refer to the Recipe Notes, which will list amounts for those ingredients that are different.
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon
For the sriracha mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon Sriracha
For the teriyaki salmon:
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or ginger paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 centre cut salmon fillets
To thicken sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Sesame Seeds
- Chopped green onion
- Make the Sriracha Mayo by combining the mayo and sriracha in a small bowl. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute with the Normal heat setting. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, honey and water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce Saute heat setting to low and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Place salmon fillets into the Instant Pot with the sauce, skin/flat side up. Place lid on Instant Pot and set the vent to sealing. Select Pressure Cooking on the Instant Pot and switch to LOW PRESSURE with the time set to 1 minute. Allow to pressure cook, then allow for a 5 minute natural pressure release. Release the remaining pressure on the Instant Pot and remove the lid. Check the salmon. It should be cooked through at this point, but if not, allow to cook in the warm sauce for a minute or so to complete cooking.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute with the Normal heat setting. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and stir until completely smooth. Add to the sauce a bit at a time and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens to desired level. Pour sauce over salmon and garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onion and a drizzle of the Sriracha Mayo.
Preheat oven to 400F. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger, garlic, honey and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, stir together 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Lightly grease a baking pan and place your salmon fillets into the pan. Brush with some of the sauce and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, basting with sauce once or twice, until cooked through. Serve with additional sauce and garnished with sesame seeds, green onion and sriracha mayo.
More Instant Pot Recipes to Love!
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!