If you’re a fan of pumpkin spice latte, you’ll love these Pumpkin Spice Latte Biscotti! Infused with a bit of coffee, together with pumpkin spices, so you can eat your pumpkin spice lattes, too!
These biscotti are wonderfully spicy, with all those great pumpkin spice flavours, with a subtle, but definitely there undertone of coffee. It’s your pumpkin spice latte in biscotti form. These are also soft biscotti, owing to the butter, so they are a perfect treat without the need to dunk.
And in case you’re wondering, adding ground coffee to baked goods does not make them gritty. Using fine ground coffee allows it to blend right in, providing a great coffee flavour, without any down-side.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Fine Ground Coffee – yes, this is the same ground coffee you use for a coffee maker (not instant coffee).
Pumpkin Puree – use canned pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
A serrated knife cuts the logs of baked biscotti beautifully!
The drizzle of chocolate topping is completely optional. The chocolate flavour does pair really well with both the pumpkin flavours and the bit of coffee flavour.
Making Ahead, Storing and Freezing
Biscotti keeps really well, so store in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy for several weeks.
Biscotti also freezes well up to 2 months.
Get the Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Latte Biscotti
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fine ground coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white granulatedsugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- Optional: 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 300° (regular bake setting/not fan assisted) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and pumpkin and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- On prepared baking sheet, spoon dough into two logs about 3 inches wide by 12 inches long (leaving as much room in between as you can as they will spread). Using moistened hands, shape and smooth the dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until firm and sounding hollow when tapped. Remove from oven and allow to rest on the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove logs to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut into 1-inch slices. Return slices to baking sheet, with cut side down, and bake 15 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake a further 15 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle cooled biscotti with melted chocolate.
More Biscotti Recipes to Love!
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!