This Pumpkin Spice Latte Biscotti has coffee in it, so you can eat your pumpkin spice lattes, too!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Lavazza. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that support Seasons and Suppers.
Welcome to September! Yes, I'm at it again! Ever since I first discovered the wonder of adding ground coffee to baked goods, there's just no stopping me. I mean, why just have a pumpkin spice biscotti, when you can have a pumpkin spice latte biscotti?
These biscotti are wonderfully spicy, with all those great pumpkin spice flavours, with a subtle, but definitely there undertone of coffee. It's your pumpkin spice latte in biscotti form. These are also soft biscotti, owing to the butter, so they are a perfect treat without the need to dunk.
And in case you're wondering, adding ground coffee to baked goods does not make them gritty. Using fine ground coffee, allows it to blend right in, providing a great coffee flavour, without any down-side.
I used Lavazza's Classico coffee for these biscotti. Classico is a medium-roast coffee has a rich, full-bodied taste and it was perfect for adding that coffee note to this recipe. You can learn more about this and all of Lavazza's wonderful coffee at Lavazza Canada.
Hey! Did you know that National Coffee Day is September 29? I'll be celebrating by sharing my love of coffee with the hashtag #NationalCoffee Day. If you'd like to as well, making and sharing a batch these biscotti would be a great choice or simply share your favourite coffee drink or recipe on your own social media with the hashtag!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Biscotti
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp fine ground coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- Optional: 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and pumpkin and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- On prepared baking sheet, spoon dough into two logs about 3 inches wide by 12 inches long (leaving as much room in between as you can as they will spread). Using moistened hands, shape and smooth the dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until firm and sounding hollow when tapped. Remove from oven and allow to rest on the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove logs to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut into 1-inch slices. Return slices to baking sheet, with cut side down, and bake 15 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake a further 15 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle cooled biscotti with melted chocolate.