Tasty and easy, these Asian Inspired Pork Tacos with Sriracha Mayo feature grilled green onions, fresh cucumber and tomato and a spicy Sriracha mayonnaise. Easy on the BBQ or in the oven and ready in 30 minutes!
Why I Love These Easy Asian Inspired Pork Tacos
These Asian-inspired pork tacos are perfect for the BBQ, but can also be made easily in the oven. It’s always nice to have options! They start with a single pork tenderloin, that is cut in half lengthwise, so it cooks up super quick. Add some fresh tomato and cucumber and a spicy Sriracha mayonnaise and it’s a quick, easy and delicious meal.
And I don’t want to forget to mention the green onions. They provide a surprising and delicious flavour hit and are perfect with the pork. I urge you not to skip them! Just throw them on the grill or broil them quickly in the oven. The only thing to note is that you’ll want to dice them fairly small, as if you leave them large, they are a little difficult to bite through. Just dice them fine and sprinkle them generously in with the pork.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Pork Tenderloin – pork tenderloin is recommended as it is both quick-cooking and always tender. Be sure to take the time to remove the silver skin along the side, for even cooking.
Flour Tortillas – I like these with flour tortillas, but corn tortillas will work just fine, as well.
If you’re looking at making ahead, the pork can easily be cooked ahead. Just allow to cool a bit, then wrap and refrigerate in whole pieces. Slice just before serving (you can re-heat in the microwave or serve cold/at room temperature.)
Get the Recipe: Asian Inspired Pork Tacos with Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 1 large pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silverskin and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white or brown sugar
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 8 green onions, root end trimmed
- Fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley , coarsely chopped
- Lime wedges
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tsp Sriracha
- Mix up the marinade: combine marinade ingredients and pour over pork tenderloin to marinade for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. (*If you have the time, you can certainly refrigerate and marinade for longer).
- If preparing in the oven, preheat oven to 400° For the BBQ, heat to medium-high heat.
- Cook pork in the oven for about 15 minutes or on the BBQ, until an internal temperature of 150° Remove from oven/BBQ and allow to rest.
- If preparing in the oven, switch your oven to broil, with the rack still in the center of the oven. Place green onions on a baking sheet, brush lightly with a little oil and broil until wilted and starting to brown on the edges. For the BBQ, place green onions on to the hot grill crosswise (so they don't fall through the grateand grill until wilted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven/BBQ and dice fairly finely. Set aside with the diced tomatoes and cucumber.
- Prepare the Sriracha Mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- Slice your pork in to this slices.
- Finally, heat your tortilla by placing on the hot BBQ until warmed or wrap in foil and place in a warm oven for 5 minutes or so.
- Assemble the tacos by starting with some of the pork slices. Sprinkle a generous amount of green onion on top of the pork. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers and some cilanto. Top with a drizzle of Sriracha mayonnaise. Serve with a lime wedge.
- *Note: The pork can be cooked ahead and refrigerated whole. Slice before serving. Rewarm in the microwave or serve at room temperature.
More Taco Recipes to Love!
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!