In my opinion, the best Caesar salad dressing I’ve ever made. It’s the only recipe I have used for years. It’s creamy, easy and delicious!
I was thinking the other day about “best” recipes. I started running down things that I make that fall in to that category, the list was surprisingly short. Fact is, there are really only a handful of things that I can honestly say that I’ve stopped looking for a “better” recipe. This Creamy Caesar Dressing is one of them.
This dressing is dreamy, creamy, full of garlic and with a hit of fresh lemon juice and Parmesan. It has enough garlic to satisfy any garlic-lover, but not so much that it overpowers the other flavours. It’s a thing of beauty!
Cook’s Notes for My Best Creamy Caesar Dressing
This recipe makes lots of dressing, more than you’ll need for a single salad. Keep the extra in the fridge for more salads and veggie dipping!
PLEASE NOTE! This salad dressing contains a raw, uncooked egg. Pregnant women and/or anyone with a compromised immune system should be made aware before consuming and may wish to avoid.
The ingredients for a Caesar salad assembled in my kitchen. I rarely photograph in my kitchen, as it’s really dark and I have to shoot at a really high ISO (so it’s grainy), but I kind of liked the moody effect.
My Best Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp anchovy paste Optional (I don't use myself)
- 1 cup vegetable, canola or other neutral oil canola or other neutral oil
- Juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup. freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- Place the minced garlic into a food processor or blender. Add the salt, vinegar, egg and Dijon mustard and process lightly until the ingredients are mixed. With the processor running, very slowly add the oil (a drop at a time at first!), then increasing to a trickle, until all the oil is added and completely mixed in. Add the lemon juice, pepper and Parmesan cheese and mix in.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week.