Wonderfully sweet kiwifruit makes a wonderfully refreshing and delicious ice cream! This Yellow Kiwi Ice Cream is quick, easy and egg-free, too.
Have you tried a yellow kiwi? If not, you are missing a special treat. Wonderfully sweet and smooth, yellow kiwis are worth seeking out. Sweeter than a green Kiwifruit, yellow kiwifruit taste like a cross between a mango and a strawberry. And like all Kiwifruit, it is high in Vitamin C (3 times more than oranges!), Vitamin E, potassium and fibre (two kiwifruit has about the same amount of fibre as a bowl of bran flakes!).
I took a few of these beautiful Kiwifruit and turned them in to a refreshing ice cream, perfect for the heat wave most of us are in the midst of right now. This ice cream is egg/custard free, so it allows the Kiwifruit flavour to really shine through. It's simple to prepare and worth trying for a new taste experience.
Cook's Notes for Yellow Kiwi Ice Cream
If you can't find yellow kiwis, you can use green. You will just want to increase the amount of added sugar to 1 cup, to make up for the less sweet green kiwis.
Yellow Kiwi Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy, 35%, whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half 10% cream
- 6 yellow kiwis (peeled and mashed with a fork)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend about 10 seconds to remove any large chunks.
- Pour mixture in to ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream maker instructions. Scoop into freezing container, transfer to freezer, covered, to harden. Scoop and enjoy!