Wonderfully sweet kiwi fruit makes a wonderfully refreshing and delicious ice cream! This Kiwi Ice Cream is quick, easy and egg-free, too.
I took a few of these beautiful Kiwi and turned them in to a refreshing ice cream. This ice cream is egg free, so it allows the Kiwi fruit flavour to really shine through. It’s simple to prepare and worth trying for a new taste experience.
Kiwi – if you can find yellow kiwis, they are great in this ice cream. If you can’t find yellow kiwis, you can use green. You will just want to increase the amount of added sugar to 1 cup if using green kiwi, to make as they are not as sweet as yellow kiwi.
Heavy Whipping Cream – this is the 35% b.f. cream, that is used to bring a creamy flavour and texture to this ice cream.
Half and Half Cream – this is the 10% b.f. cream. You could use a higher fat cream, such as 18% b.f. table cream. I wouldn’t recommend a milk, as it won’t be creamy enough.
You can tweak the amount of added sugar to taste, but keep in mind that sugar in ice cream is more than just sweetness. It contributes to the texture and mouth feel of the finished ice cream as well. It also keeps the ice cream from forming ice crystals.
Get the Recipe: Kiwi Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups (365.33 ml) heavy whipping cream, 35% b.f.
- 1 cup (26620 ml) half and half cream, 10% b.f.
- 6 (6) yellow or green kiwis, peeled and mashed with a fork
- 3/4-1 cup (150 g) white granulated sugar
- Note: Use the greater amount of sugar for green kiwi, as they are a little less sweet than the yellow.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend about 10 seconds to remove any large chunks.
- Pour mixture in to ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream maker instructions. Scoop into freezing container, transfer to freezer, covered, to harden. Scoop and enjoy!
More Ice Cream Recipes to Love!
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!