Use this sweet and spicy peach and pepper jam on cheese and crackers or try it as a glaze for chicken or shrimp.
I am seriously addicted to the flavours of this peach and pepper jam. Sweet peaches pair with red and jalapeno peppers, to make a jam that is both sweet and spicy, delicious and versatile.
There is possibly nothing finer than this jam on top of a round of melted brie. I've also enjoyed it with crackers and cream cheese. Or aged cheddar. If you're adventurous, enjoy it on toast or a scone. And that's not all! It makes a great and flavourful glaze for chicken or shrimp. Or serve it on the side as a sweet and spicy condiment.
This jam makes great hostess or Christmas gifts. If you decide to make lots, make some small jars and have them ready for gifts any time.
Cook's Notes for Peach and Pepper Jam
I recommend refrigerating this jam after making, for shorter term use. For canning/longer term storage, please seek out a safe-canning resource for guidance.
You can make a half-batch if you don't think you can use it all in the short term, or just hand out out to friends and family to enjoy, as they'll surely appreciate it, too :)
More Peach Recipes You Might Like ...
Peach and Pepper Jam
- 4 cups peaches peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 3 medium jalapenos seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 oz box pectin powder 57g *see notes
- 5 cups white sugar
- Place peaches in a large, non-reactive pan. Combine peppers, lemon rind, cider vinegar and pectin powder with fruit in pan. Stir well to combine. Place on the stove-top over high heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil. Stir in sugar and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off foam with a spoon and discard. Pour into clean warm, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4-inch of rim.
- Refrigerate in jars for short-term use.