These no-bake lemon cheesecake cups are an easy and delicious dessert that is easily made ahead. Can be made with any fresh fruit!
Why you’ll love these no-bake cheesecake cups!
These cheesecake cups are no-bake! So no oven to turn on. Perfect for Summer eating and entertaining.
These lemon cheesecake cups are make-ahead friendly. Make them early, pop them in the fridge and dessert is ready when you are. They are super easy to make and delicious, which is exactly what we want for dessert. They can be made with any fresh fruit, that you can change up with the season.
Each of the layers of this one has something special, starting with the crust, which is a mixture of candied pecans and toasted coconut. The cheesecake layer uses both cream cheese and mascarpone, for a lovely, rich flavour. Then the beautiful fresh fruit and to top it off, whipped cream topped with some delicious toasted coconut.
Ingredients and substitutions
Candied Pecans – I’ve provided a quick recipe for candied pecans, but you can also buy these. Bulk Barn in Canada has them, as well as some grocery store bulk food sections. In a pinch, skip the candied part and simply use toasted pecans.
Mascarpone – the addition of mascarpone to these no-bake cheesecakes really elevates the flavour. I highly recommend using it. If you can’t find or don’t want to use mascarpone, simply use the same amount of additional cream cheese.
Coconut – sweetened coconut is recommended for this dessert.
Fresh Fruit – As mentioned above, change up the fruit to what’s good at the moment. Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or peaches.
- This recipe will make 6-8 cups, depending on the size of your jars or cups. The cups shouldn’t be too large and clear glass is best, so you can see the layers. Glass drinking cups/tumblers or wine glasses etc, work well.
- Don’t add the whipped cream and coconut topping to the dessert until right ready to serve.
- If you want to make serving even easier, skip whipping the cream for the topping and use canned real whipped cream instead. Just squirt and it’s ready!
Get the Recipe: No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cups
- 1 1/2 cups candied pecans, store-bought or homemade *see recipe notes for recipe
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing/confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 35% b.f.
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 2 lemons, (about 1/3-1/2 cup)
- 1 pint fresh fruit (blackberries, raspberries etc), or raspberries etc.
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Prepare the crust: Combine the candied pecans, coconut and melted butter in a food processor. Pulse several times until mixture is crumbly and combined. Divide the crust mixture between 8 jars or glass cups. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling: Combine the mascarpone, cream cheese, icing sugar, whipping cream, lemon zest and lemon juice in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a large bowl with electric beaters). Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Divide the lemon cream filling between the 6 cups. Top cups with a layer of blackberries.
- If making ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toast the coconut for the topping by adding to a non-stick skillet and cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden. Immediately remove to a plate (to stop cooking). Allow to cool completely. Store at room temperature covered, until ready to use.
- To serve, top cups with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!