These No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cups no-bake, easy and delicious Summer dessert. Change it up with any Summer fruit!
These No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cups are tailor made for Summer eating and entertaining. First, they are no-bake and make ahead friendly. Secondly, they are easy to make and finally, they are delicious.
Each of the layers of this one has something special, starting with the crust, which is a mixture of candied pecans and toasted coconut. The cheesecake layer uses both cream cheese and mascarpone, for a lovely, rich flavour. Then the beautiful fresh fruit and to top it off, whipped cream topped with some delicious toasted coconut.
And did I mention how versatile this recipe is? Change up blackberries or blueberries. Or raspberries. Or strawberries. Or peaches. Or add a layer of lemon curd in there somewhere.
No-Bake Blackberry Lemon Cheesecake Cups
As mentioned above, change up the fruit to what’s good at the moment. Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or peaches.
This recipe will make 6-8 cups, depending on the size of your jars or cups. The cups shouldn’t be too large and clear glass is best, so you can see the layers. Glass drinking cups/tumblers or wine glasses etc, work well.
Don’t add the whipped cream and coconut topping until right ready to serve.
If you want to make serving even easier, skip whipping the cream for the topping and use canned real whipped cream instead. Just squirt and it’s ready!
Recipe adapted from Summer Food & Drink magazine.
No-Bake Lemon Blackberry Cheesecake Cups
- 1 1/2 cups candied pecans store-bought or homemade *see recipe notes for recipe
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing/confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 pint blackberries or raspberries etc.
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2/3 cup whipping cream whipped
- Prepare the crust by combining the candied pecans, coconut and melted butter in a food processor. Pulse several times until mixture is crumbly and combined. Divide the crust mixture between 8 jars or glass cups. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling by combining the mascarpone, cream cheese, icing sugar, whipping cream, lemon zest and lemon juice in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a large bowl with electric beaters). Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Divide the lemon cream filling between the 6 cups. Top cups with a layer of blackberries.
- If making ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toast the coconut for the topping by adding to a non-stick skillet and cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden. Immediately remove to a plate (to stop cooking). Allow to cool completely. Store at room temperature covered, until ready to use.
- To serve, top cups with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.