These no-bake lemon cheesecake cups are an easy and delicious dessert that is easily made ahead. Can be made with any fresh fruit!
Why you’ll love these no bake cheesecake cups!
These cheesecake cups are no bake! So no oven to turn on. Perfect or Summer eating and entertaining.
These lemon cheesecake cups are make-ahead friendly. Make them early, pop them in the fridge and dessert is ready when you are. They are super easy to make and delicious, which is exactly what we want for dessert. They can be made with any fresh fruit, that you can change up with the season.
Each of the layers of this one has something special, starting with the crust, which is a mixture of candied pecans and toasted coconut. The cheesecake layer uses both cream cheese and mascarpone, for a lovely, rich flavour. Then the beautiful fresh fruit and to top it off, whipped cream topped with some delicious toasted coconut.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Candied Pecans – I’ve provided a quick recipe for candied pecans, but you can also buy these. Bulk Barn in Canada has them, as well as some grocery store bulk food sections. In a pinch, skip the candied part and simply use toasted pecans.
Mascarpone – the addition of mascarpone to these no bake cheesecakes really elevates the flavour. I highly recommend using it. If you can’t find or don’t want to use mascarpone, simply use the same amount of additional cream cheese.
Coconut – sweetened coconut is recommend for this dessert.
Fresh Fruit – As mentioned above, change up the fruit to what’s good at the moment. Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or peaches.
This recipe will make 6-8 cups, depending on the size of your jars or cups. The cups shouldn’t be too large and clear glass is best, so you can see the layers. Glass drinking cups/tumblers or wine glasses etc, work well.
Don’t add the whipped cream and coconut topping to the dessert until right ready to serve.
If you want to make serving even easier, skip whipping the cream for the topping and use canned real whipped cream instead. Just squirt and it’s ready!
Get the Recipe: No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cups
- 1 1/2 cups candied pecans, store-bought or homemade *see recipe notes for recipe
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing/confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 35% b.f.
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 2 lemons, (about 1/3-1/2 cup)
- 1 pint fresh fruit (blackberries, raspberries etc), or raspberries etc.
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Prepare the crust: Combine the candied pecans, coconut and melted butter in a food processor. Pulse several times until mixture is crumbly and combined. Divide the crust mixture between 8 jars or glass cups. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling: Combine the mascarpone, cream cheese, icing sugar, whipping cream, lemon zest and lemon juice in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a large bowl with electric beaters). Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Divide the lemon cream filling between the 6 cups. Top cups with a layer of blackberries.
- If making ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toast the coconut for the topping by adding to a non-stick skillet and cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden. Immediately remove to a plate (to stop cooking). Allow to cool completely. Store at room temperature covered, until ready to use.
- To serve, top cups with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!
Made this when the weather was lots warmer! Used clear, tall-stemmed wine glasses for an elegant presentation.
Tried packaged “fresh” raspberries but next time would ensure that any fruit used was local for a fresher taste, e.g., blueberries, strawberries, peaches.
Made whipped cream adding Dr. Oetker Whip-it so that it would “hold” longer.
Sounds perfect! Thanks :)
Such pretty cups and the perfect dessert for summer!
I swapped out blueberries for the blackberries and almonds for the pecans as that’s what I had on hand. Turned out delicious. Thank you for another keeper Jennifer.
Thanks Maria and yes, these are so customizable for sure and almonds are perfect with the blueberries :)
I always love the idea of a no-bake summery dessert where I don’t overheat myself in the kitchen on a hot day. Plus I love the versatility of this dessert and being able to use various types of berries. Yes, please!
Thanks Cindy :)
I LOVE no bake desserts for summer Jennifer! And no bake cheesecakes are always at the top of the list! Can’t wait to try these. I love how easy they are. Perfect for weekend company.
Thanks Mary Ann :)
I have not tried this yet, but need some clarification:
The servings, initially, were listed as 8 cups. Later in the instructions, it mentions 6 cups needed to be topped with whipping cream.
It sounds delicious as many of your recipy I have tried are.
Hi Maria, sorry for the confusion. I was floating between what I made (which were larger) and what a normal serving would be. My cups were quite large :) This will make 8 smaller cups or 6 larger cups. I will fix the instructions though, so it’s not confusing :)
Quick! Send napkins, because I’m drooling over here! Not only are these cups the cutest things ever, but I also LOVE the lemon and blackberry combo! Plus, these are no-bake?! Where do I sign up!? SO YUM! Cheers!
Thanks Cheyanne and yes, the lemon blackberry combination is a winner, for sure :)
I love individual desserts, and these look so pretty in the glasses, what a perfect party idea!
I love that these are light and summery and make-ahead, no less! Just perfect for these scorching days!
Thanks Annie :)
Love these little summer treats! How fun to make them for an outdoor movie night or grill party with friends! Pinned!
Thanks Milena and yes, this is such an easy and delicious dessert :)
You and I think a lot alike Jennifer – I made orange no-bake cheesecakes in a jar the other day. But I LOVE what you did here with the crust. So creative. This is the perfect summer treat and so pretty too! I never tire of blackberries ;)
Lol! We are clearly on the same foodie wavelength :) Thanks! And I feel the same way about blackberries.