These easy and delicious parmesan fingerling potatoes, are oven-baked and topped with Parmesan and chives, for a great side for any meal.
This potato dish is one of my favourite potato sides and I’m always very popular in my household when I cook them up. And when making them is super easy, it’s really a no-brainer.
There is not much to this dish, hardly a recipe really – just a technique and a few ingredients. The basic technique here is roasting the potatoes that have been tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper for 30 minutes and then removing from the oven and tossing in the Parmesan and returning to the oven for a few minutes to crisp up the Parmesan.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Fingerling Potatoes – I think the oblong fingerling potatoes are a nice change, and their long shape makes it nice and easy to grab when serving them in cups. That said, this recipe will work with any potato. Mini red or yellow potatoes are a good substitution.
I love these potatoes with chives, but chopped parsley or cilantro will do just fine, as well. I’ve also made them with a little chopped garlic. Or finished with a little freshly squeezed lemon. As you like it. I like to switch it up based on what I’m serving them with. Feel free to add more Parmesan, as well.
How to Serve Parmesan Fingerling Potatoes
These crispy potatoes would be a great side for a feed of wings or burgers. To dress them up for entertaining, simply line small dishes or ramekins with parchment, and fill with potatoes. These are not greasy or sticky, so they’re great to eat out of hand. No utensils needed.
Get the Recipe: Parmesan Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb fingerling potatoes
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan , or Pecorino
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Chopped fresh chives, (or parsley)
- Fresh lemon sliced, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in centre of oven.
- Cut fingerling potatoes in half lengthwise. Place into a large bowl. Add olive oil, enough to coat each potato. Toss well. Add a generous sprinkling of kosher salt and some freshly ground pepper. Toss again.
- Spread potatoes evenly on a baking sheet, trying to get an even layer with little overlap (reserve the oily bowl for later!). Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate your Parmesan or Pecorino. Remove the fries from the oven (leaving the oven oand return to the oily bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss (if using minced garlic, add now as well). Return the fries to the baking sheet and bake a further 8-10 minutes, until the Parmesan is browned and crispy.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped chives (or parsleand optionally, a squeeze of fresh lemon.
More Potato Recipes to Love!
Hi! I’m Jennifer, a home cook schooled by trial and error and almost 40 years of getting dinner on the table! I love to share my favourite recipes, both old and new, together with lots of tips and tricks to hopefully help make your home cooking enjoyable, stress free, rewarding and of course, delicious!