These garlic and lemon potatoes are quick oven roasted mini potatoes, cooked until golden, then tossed in a garlic herb butter and served with a drizzle of lemon.
These potatoes might just be my favourite way to enjoy potatoes. They are enjoyed here often as a quick, easy and delicious side dish. They are a great side for simple grilled meat, as they are loaded with flavour.
The potatoes roast up quickly in a hot oven, with a golden bottom and creamy soft insides. As soon as they are cooked, they are quickly tossed in garlic, herbs and butter (or olive oil) and served with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.
A cast iron skillet is perfect for getting a great golden bottom on your potatoes, but you need to make sure that your potatoes are all lying flat on the bottom. If you only have a small skillet and you want lots of potatoes, go with a baking sheet instead.
I have made these potatoes with all butter, half butter/half olive oil and all olive oil. They are delicious any way, so it's really up to your personal preference.
I love these with mini potatoes, because they are so lovely and creamy, but you could also make these with larger potatoes. I think a yellow-fleshed or white potato would be fine. Simply cut in to large chunks. I would leave the skin on, but that's just me :)
Garlic and Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- 20 mini potatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, (just enough to coat the bottom of your baking sheet)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, (can use 1 Tbsp butter/1 Tbsp olive oil or all olive oil, as well)
- 1 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, (or a pinch of dried)
- Flaky salt, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Pour olive oil on to a baking sheet or cast iron skillet and brush to spread in to a thin even layer. Sprinkle evenly with Kosher salt. Place potato halves, cut side down in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until under-side of potatoes are golden brown.
- When potatoes are almost finished roasting, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until garlic is soft and fragrant, but not browned. Turn off heat under pan. Add parsley and thyme. Stir to combine.
- As soon as potatoes are removed from the oven. Spoon in to skillet with garlic herb butter. Toss to coat, then remove to a serving plate. Sprinkle with flaky salt and drizzle with fresh lemon.
Nutritional information provided for general guidance only and should not be relied upon to make personal health decisions.