Small-Batch Grapefruit Jam

You’ll Never Miss a Thing!

Subscribe to the Seasons and Suppers Weekly Newsletter and get all the new posts, reminders of some great older ones and more!

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Meet the Author: Hi! I'm Jennifer, a home-cook of some 30-plus years. I've learned a lot from getting dinner on the table all these years! I hope to share a bit of what I've learned, as well as my favourite recipes. Most importantly though, I love sharing the joy of cooking at home, with simple, delicious and seasonally-inspired recipes. More about me here ...

Seasons and Suppers is honoured to have been featured on these great sites ...

Featured on Sites

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Jessica says

How do you get the peeled grapefruit to jam form?

• Jennifer says

Hi Jessica, the mixture will form a jam when it boils to at least 220F. A thermometer is handy to made sure the mixture reaches this point. (The pectin in the grapefruit together with the sugar will make a jam, without any need for additional pectin).

2. Daniela says

I am doing your recipe right now ?. It has been almost 30 min since I put all the ingredients on the stove and 15 min since it stated boiling. It seems pretty liquid. I don’t know if I did something wrong? I did the “wrinkle” test and as I said it is very liquid.

• Jennifer says

Hi Daniela, Just seeing your message now. How did you make out?

• Tami says

I can’t seem to get this to set up either. I wonder if the type of grapefruit matters? Can you give an idea how long you boil it?

• Jennifer says

Hi Tami, when it comes to jam making, it isn’t about time. It’s about temperature. The mixture must reach 220F when measured with a thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer, read “How to test with the Wrinkle Test” in the Cook’s Notes and follow that guide.

3. Despo Baltoumas says

Dear Jennifer, Thanks so much! I can not think of a better way to start the New Year than with some wonderful homemade grapefruit jam! Wishing you and your family, the very best! Despo

4. Despo Baltoumas says

Jennifer, can I use this recipe in my column? It seems like such a great post-holiday treat. My daughters are coming home for Christmas. there is nothing better than having our children home with us. Merry Christmas and Thanks for all you do! Despo

• Jennifer says

Hi Despo and absolutely fine to share :) Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well!

5. Chris Scheuer says

This sounds wonderful Jennifer! I bet it would make an awesome glaze for roasted chicken or fish too.

• Jennifer says

Thanks Chris and yes, it would!!

6. Jennifer says

Thanks so much, Jennifer. I feel like I need to do more things with grapefruit. Really enjoyed this jam!

7. Jennifer Farley says

Grapefruit is one of my favorite ingredients to work with. Gorgeous!

8. Laura (Tutti Dolci) says

That color is just stunning, lovely jam!

• Jennifer says

Thanks Laura. I was surprised at how much colour came out of those grapefruits :)

9. Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says

You’re a great mom Jennifer! Your daughter will love it, I’m sure! I am a huge jam fan, so I’ll have to give this grapefruit jam a go. Enjoy your week!

• Jennifer says

Thanks Mary Ann :) Have a great week, too!

10. Tricia @ Saving room for dessert says

I received a few grapefruit as a gift yesterday and love them! I bet I would enjoy this jam – and while I’m not a peel hater – I do prefer a peel-less jam or jelly much more! This is lovely Jennifer and I bet your daughter will love it – glad she is coming home soon – that makes Christmas so much better when we can spend it with our children.

• Jennifer says

Thanks so much, Tricia :) Looking forward to her being home!